Post-study work visas

4 marzo, 2020

There are lots of options available to international students who want to stay and work in the UK after their studies.

If you’re considering staying in the UK after your studies, you may need to apply for a separate visa to your T4 student visa. You can check whether you need a visa at UK Visas & Immigration .

New graduate immigration route: two-year work visa for graduates
On 11 September 2019 the UK Government announced the creation of a new graduate immigration route. The route will be open to international students who entered the UK in the academic year 2020/21 onwards and have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at reputable higher education institutions.

Successful applicants on this route will be able to stay and work, or look for work, in the UK for a maximum period of two years. Graduates will also be able to switch into skilled work visas once they have found a suitable job.

The application process for the new immigration route will be published soon. We will update this page as soon as more details are provided.

You can find out more information about working after your studies on the UKCISA website .